Several schools have reached out about using this guidebook as curriculum, so we're trying to drop in some classroom-style activities here and there.
Here's one to help you stretch your idea about what "Personality" can mean for an agent.
Activity: What's an Agent 'Personality'?
Take an hour and see how far you can push the idea of personality hacking. It's probably farther than you think.
Can you give your agent..
A Helpful Personality?
- Directed at explaining things to a novice?
- Directed at pumping someone up before a big event?
- Directed at helping someone think through a problem?
A Manipulative Personality?
- That always frames things from a particular political viewpoint?
- That tries to subtly suggest any problems you have can be solved with a shopping spree?
- That only talks about cheeseburgers, trying to bring any other conversation back to them?
A COMPUTER mind?
- That responds to your English language questions with JSON or CSV?
- That responds to your English language questions with a plausible database query that might answer them?
- That responds to every question in French?
If you get something interesting, let us know on Twitter: @GetSteamship (opens in a new tab). We might add it to our examples collection!